Enter for the 2020 SAGE Business Innovation Challenge
About this Event
The 2020 SAGE Business Innovation Challenge is a platform for teenage entrepreneurs across Nigeria to showcase their innovative business ideas, community service projects and address one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
6 Shortlisted teams will travel to the SAGE Business Innovation Challenge scheduled to hold in Abuja in January at this event present their businesses to a panel of influential judges who are civic and business leaders this panel will determine which team is the most creative in entrepreneurship and Community service.
The 1st and 2nd winning teams will have the right to represent Nigeria at the 2020 SAGE World Cup in Netherlands , 10-14 August, with participation of over 30 countries including USA, Canada, China, Singapore, South Africa, Russia, Ghana, Pakistan, Philippines, Ireland, Trinidad and Tobago etc.
SAGE is an acronym for Students for the Advancement of Global Entrepreneurship. It is an international programme initiated at the California State University Chico USA. It is currently operating in all the continents of the world. The SAGE mission is to help create the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders whose innovations and social enterprises address the major unmet needs of our global community. It engages young people in a hands-on learning process on how to create wealth, help others and their communities.
The “SAGE World Cup” is an international event tournament where SAGE business, community service and environmental projects ran during the school year are showcased, it recognizes outstanding teams based on their effectiveness and creativity and also offers the world a platform to facilitate multi-cultural integration and global business networking opportunities.
Who can enter?
All secondary schools in Nigeria are eligible to enter. However schools must run an enterprise club that teaches learners the basic of business through hands-on practical application. Your initiative must have already progressed beyond the idea stage and started making an impact
Guidelines & Criteria
● The competition is open to secondary schools across Nigeria
● Must be a team based project at least 5 students
● Entries must have grown beyond the conceptual stage to include actions the applicant has already taken
● Entries must be submitted in English.
● Make a 2 minute summary video of the project you’re working on
● Send in photos of your project activities.
● Entrants must be available to attend the 2020 SAGE Business Innovation Challenge and Awards in January in Abuja and SAGE World Cup event in Netherlands.
The SAGE tournament is about which students were the most effective in meeting the SAGE judging criteria. It is not a contest based on who made the best presentation, or who used the most advanced technology, or who received the most TV, radio or newspaper coverage, or who made the most profit. We are looking for the team that does the best job of integrating all criteria into their business ventures during the year. At the SAGE tournament, each judge is provided with a judge’s handbook. This handbook includes details for the SAGE judging criteria.
Description of SAGE Judging Criteria
• Overall Presentation
1. Annual Report (7 points)
a. How well has the team represented their business and the judging criteria within a 4 page annual report?
2. Oral Presentation (5 points)
a. How well has the team represented their business with an oral presentation?
3. Questions & Answers (8 points)
a. How well has the team performed with questions & answers (please look for platform skills & stage presence, articulating their knowledge of the business, a balance of information shared among the presentation team, and congruence of answers with the information shared in their annual report and oral presentation)?
DEADLINES, PROCEDURES & RULES
● Applications must be submitted online. The submission opens on 20th October 2019 and closes at 11:59 pm on 1st December 2019.
● Only School and community based entries are accepted. Prizes will be awarded to teams only and we cannot accommodate in the competition individual entries.
● Finalists will be announced in December 15th and contacted.
● Mentorship and support is provided to all finalists in getting ready for the competition.
For inquiry call : 08031332720
Date And Time
Mon, Jan 20, 2020, 10:00 AM
Wed, Jan 22, 2020, 5:00 PM
NAF Conference Centre and Suites
496 Ahmadu Bello Way
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory