Wulwi Initiative is an organization that has as its mission to empower women, girls, and communities in all spheres of their lives, in order to realize their full potential to live with dignity and freedom of choice.
Till date, we have achieved the following
- Over 15 girls have been sponsored for a 2 year period in secondary schools in Nigeria and Cameroon.
- 1000 students in schools have been reached with career development programmes in order to choose a deserving path for their future endeavors.
- Sanitary pads were given to 150 students to aid their health and hygiene.
- 17 girls have gone through our internship programme where they have earned skills and certifications in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and WordPress.
The International Day for Girls in ICT is an initiative aimed at encouraging and empowering girls and young women to consider studies and careers in the growing field of ICTs, enabling both girls and technology companies to reap the benefits of greater female participation in the ICT sector.
There would be presentations from representatives from the following organizations.
- Nigerian Communication Commission
- Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Office for ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIIE)
- Federal Ministry of Communications
- Emmanuel Otori – ICT for SME Development
The 2019 edition will have the following trainings for 100 girls and women
- Digital Marketing
- Graphics Design
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Sat, April 27, 2019
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
13/14 Wole Soyinka Street, 2nd Avenue, After PHCN Office, Gwarinpa
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory 900108